Saturday, May 17, 2008

20 Mile Training Run


This is my longest run in my training schedule for the Forest of Nisene Marks Marathon. I ran the first part (first 7 miles for me, he did about 10 total) w/ my pal Scott and then finished up the rest solo. It was a really nice trail, with lots of good climbing involved. It did get pretty hot at the end though, especially when I got back to the car and had to run two more miles to complete the full 20, woof woof!

We ran around the Palo Alto Foothills park. I used to visit and hike this park before I started running, so it was a nice 'homecoming' to come back and run the trails for the first time. I really got around to see pretty much the entire park, except for the lake, which I'll have to visit on another time. SportTracks claims 3000' ascending. The NMM ascent is 2500', so I think I have the hill climbing covered. I just need to do another 6 miles in the race itself. "just" :)


No comments: